Attention! This job posting is 60 days old and might be already filled.
|Company Name||CBS Corporation|
|Date Posted||February 6, 2013|
|Job Type||Full-Time Job|
CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. CBS owns the most-watched television network in the U.S. and one of the world’s largest libraries of entertainment content, making its brand – “the Eye” – one of the most recognized in business. The Company’s operations span virtually every field of media and entertainment, including cable, publishing, radio, local TV, film, outdoor advertising, and interactive and socially responsible media. CBS’s businesses include CBS Television Network, The CW (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), Showtime Networks, CBS Sports Network, Smithsonian Networks, Simon & Schuster, CBS Television Stations, CBS Radio, CBS Outdoor, CBS Television Studios, CBS Global Distribution Group, CBS Interactive, CBS Consumer Products, CBS Home Entertainment, CBS Films and CBS EcoMedia.
Provide high-level support to EVP, General Manager of Smithsonian Networks as well as assisting other members of the Smithsonian New York based team when necessary. In addition to maintaining general workflow and performing administrative duties, the position will have project management responsibilities and will have exposure to many areas within the Smithsonian team. It is a good position for someone looking to gain understanding and experiences in the non-fiction television business.
1. Provide effective administrative support to an extremely busy Executive Vice President (60%):
· answer phones and taking messages
· maintain calendar and manage the logistics of all meetings; Candidate will provide feedback internally and externally of changes in schedule and meetings throughout the day; Arrange and prepare for meetings, conference calls, and videoconferences
· schedule all travel arrangements and prepare and submit travel and expense reports
· manage incoming and outgoing mail/packages
· order supplies for the department
· organize and maintain department filing system
· provide good judgment in monitoring and prioritizing information flow throughout the day
2. Manage relationship with the T Howard Foundation, The Nantucket Film Festival and other organizations for the group. This will include (20%):
· act as liaison between EVP, the Foundation and various other organizations
· assist in organizing special events such as dinners, celebrations and meetings
· manage T Howard Interns placement within Showtime/Smithsonian/CBS
· work directly with NFF staff to coordinate all aspects of Showtime’s NFF sponsorship
3. Assist Marketing, Digital Media, and Finance with various projects when necessary including but not limited to (15%):
· Help proofread and design presentation materials such as PowerPoint presentations
· Update excel spreadsheets as needed
4. Handle new hire setup for the channel including reaching out to telecom, IT, facilities, etc. (5%)
Ideal candidate must be pro-active and exhibit sound judgment at all times in all written and verbal correspondence. Must be detail-oriented and discreet because there is exposure to confidential information. The ability to multi-task is essential.
Must be able to assess importance of calls, requests for meetings etc and be able to use independent judgment to decide priorities.
Will handle confidential materials so ability to be discrete is required
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Experience and competency with Microsoft Word, Excel. PowerPoint etc. required
Proficiency in using email, and on-line services and research sources
Strong organizational and time-management skills required
College degree required
Experience in media environment preferred but not required
Minimum Education Level:
Job Status Full Time
You must login to apply to this job. Sign up for a free account now to apply!
- ChallengePost: Marketing & Community Intern posted 5 days ago.
- NET-A-PORTER: Public Relation Intern posted 5 days ago.
- Google: Administrative Assistant, Google Ideas posted 6 days ago.
- Time Inc.: Production Assistant (Design/Editorial)- Food & Wine posted 6 days ago.
- XO Group Inc.: Community Coordinator, The Nest posted 6 days ago.