Attention! This job posting is 60 days old and might be already filled.
|Date Posted||January 31, 2013|
|Job Type||Full-Time Job|
The Gawker Media Group is the publisher of some of the web's best-loved brands and communities, including the eponymous Gawker and gadget sensation Gizmodo. The Ad Ops Coordinator is a junior role on our growing Ad Operations team, which drives delivery, optimization, and reporting for all Gawker Media ad campaigns. The Ad Ops team works very closely with the Sales, Marketing, and Creative groups, which together handle all brand advertising on Gawker Media properties.
About the Role:
The Ad Ops Coordinator is a junior role on our growing Ad Operations team, which drives delivery, optimization, and reporting for all Gawker Media ad campaigns. The Ad Ops team works very closely with the Sales, Marketing, and Creative groups, which together handle all brand advertising on Gawker Media properties. We're looking for someone web-savvy and resourceful to join the Ad Ops team and help us be the ad serving and analytics experts for our company and our clients! The ideal candidate is an expert problem solver and data digger but also an expert communicator — able to dive in to retrieve details and then discuss them in a human way.
- 6 to 12 months experience in ad operations, sales support, or account management and the desire to continue in or move into ad operations
- Prior experience trafficking in an ad server (DoubleClick DFP preferred)
- Ability to proactively organize daily tasks and make your own to do list
- Fluency in the language of digital media: impressions, CTR, CPMs, eCPMs, etc.
- Fluency in the language of online measurement: uniques, pageviews, visits, referrers, etc.
- Proficiency in Excel (including formulas)
- Basic knowledge of HTML and keeping a blog (the "tech" side of blogging)
- Experience taking screenshots, cropping, and basic image editing
- Familiarity with Google products like Docs, Calendar, AdSense, Analytics
- Keen problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Drive, ability to manage details, meticulousness
- Enthusiasm for the future of brand advertising on the web and building that future with us
How to Apply:
This is a full time position at Gawker Media's NYC headquarters with full benefits, including everything from unlimited time off with a sabbatical after four years and fully paid medical insurance to lunch and breakfast once a week.
Send an email to adopsjob AT gawker DOT com with the following (no attachments!):
- Introductory note - why would you be a great fit for Gawker?
- Resume in plaintext in the body of the email (no attachments!)
- Links to your blog and social media presences (if you have them)
- A list of a couple different favorite websites (not ours!) that you regularly geek out over and why
- A description of the difference between a pageview and an impression
You must login to apply to this job. Sign up for a free account now to apply!
- Proper Cloth: Operations Intern posted 1 day ago.
- Wet Paint: Assistant Social Media Coordinator posted 1 day ago.
- Google: Administrative Assistant, Google Ideas posted 8 days ago.
- Tory Burch: Digital Operations Assistant —Merchandise Coordination posted 8 days ago.
- XO Group Inc.: Community Coordinator, The Nest posted 8 days ago.