Attention! This job posting is 60 days old and might be already filled.
|Company Name||USA TODAY Sports Media Group/NYC|
|Date Posted||March 5, 2013|
|Job Type||Full-Time Job|
USA TODAY is a multi-platform news and information media company. Founded in 1982, USA TODAY's mission is to serve as a forum for better understanding and unity to help make the USA truly one nation. Through its unique visual storytelling, USA TODAY delivers high-quality and engaging content across print, digital, social and video platforms. An innovator of news and information, USA TODAY reflects the pulse of the nation and serves as the host of the American conversation – today, tomorrow and for decades to follow. USA TODAY, the nation's number one newspaper in print circulation with an average of nearly 1.8 million daily, and USATODAY.com, an award-winning newspaper website launched in 1995, reach a combined 6.6 million readers daily. USA TODAY is a leader in mobile applications with more than 15 million downloads on mobile devices. USA TODAY is owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI).
The Event Marketing team is responsible for the development, planning and execution of USA Today Sports events. We are looking for a competitive, sports-minded individual to fill the Coordinator position. Candidate must be a creative-thinker, organized, and able to complete tasks, meet deadlines and multi-task.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist Event Marketing Director with the development & execution of USA TODAY Sports events
• Contribute to the creation of new events based on company and sales initiatives
• Collaborate with Sales Account Executives, Client Solutions team and external vendors to determine sponsor event activations based on client objectives.
• Manage tracking, research and status report documents, as well as event calendar
• Work with external vendors (creative/design/production agencies) as necessary to develop materials
• Assist with drafting event planning guides, client materials and post event reports
• Work with finance team to process invoices in a timely and effective manner
• Assist with purchasing card reconciliation process
• Report to Event Marketing Senior Director
• Relevant experience in events/marketing/sales
• Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Social Media
• Basic understanding of client relations
• Ability to travel
• Strategic and creative thinker with a pro-active approach to accessing needs and planning ahead
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage several time-sensitive projects simultaneously
• Superior communication skills for frequent internal and external discussion and project management
• Desire to build relationships and encourage teamwork.
• Open minded and positive attitude
You must login to apply to this job. Sign up for a free account now to apply!