Graduation is a scary thing. You’re sent out into the world, often times with no job. We hope you’ll be aggressive with meeting people through events and networking…but in a sea of other graduates, how do you get people to remember you?
We present to you, MOO Cards. They are our favorite place to get business cards, so we’re giving away 3 FREE packs of MOO Cards to members of the FindSpark community!
To enter our MOO Card sweepstakes, leave a comment on this post by Tuesday, April 22 at 5pm EST with the information you’d put on your cards, how you’d use them, or why you want your own!
Read on to learn how to design memorable business cards as a student or recent grad.
You might think business cards are just for people who already have jobs, but that’s not the case. Personalized business cards are a great way to remain on someone’s radar long after the handshake and chit-chat. At FindSpark, we love MOO Cards because they are easy to personalize, have beautiful templates, and you can also get creative and change the layouts, colors, add a personal logo or even photos or samples of your work.
Before you get funky, you need to make sure to include some basic information on your card:
- Your first and last name.
- Your contact info, including your preferred phone number and email address. Make sure your email address is professional: you don’t want to get stuck with a thousand cards that say email@example.com.
- Your professional online presence. We recommend including your LinkedIn and your website. Include your Twitter handle if you keep things professional.
Here are some ideas to make your cards stand out:
- Use color. Think about your personal brand and what kind of image you want to project.
- Include images. If you have a logo, include that on the card. If you are a photographer, designer, artist, or event producer, consider including photos of your work. MOO Cards allows you to create many different styles of card in one package, so you can include several highlights from your portfolio.
- Want to keep it simple? Put catchy or inspiring quotes on the back of your card, and people will remember what you have to say.
- Get creative! We’ve seen business cards that are different shapes, sizes, materials, and even stickers. Of course, you can never go wrong with classic.
Want examples of what to put on your cards? Click here.
What are you going to include on your business cards, how would you use them, or why do you want your own? Tell us in the comments section by Tuesday, April 22 at 5pm EST for a chance to win 50 free MOO Cards. We’ll pick three random winners the next week. Good luck!