Emily Miethner of NY Creative Interns offers one-on-one coaching for creatives who know where they want to go in their career but need help getting there.
Social Media Coaching
What’s the point of Twitter? Can you really use LinkedIn to find a job? Should you be blogging? What’s Pinterest?
For those of you wondering how to harness the power of social media within your career, you’ve come to the right place. Maintaining a great online presence is essential for anyone looking to stay ahead in their career (whether or not you’re in the middle of a job hunt).
The question is where you should focus your efforts. I’m here to help you find out.
I’ve used social media to land my dream internship, get interviews, meet mentors, and earn freelance gigs. I get giddy thinking about opportunities that can come about through social media, and I want to share my tips and lessons learned with you.
We should work together if…
- You realize you should be using social media on a personal level…but don’t know where to start
- You have a few social networks but want to strategize on how best to utilize each one and spend your time
- You want to step up your online presence and become a thought leader in your respective creative industry
- You’re currently job hunting and want to fully utilize social media within your search
Sample Topics and Platforms:
- Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook
- Blogging Platforms (Tumblr, WordPress)
- Personal Websites (About.me, Flavors.me, Wix.com, Squarespace)
- How to Prioritize Your Online Efforts
- Productivity tools for Managing Your Online Presence (Buffer, Hootsuite, Stayfocused)
Resume & Cover Letter Coaching
You’ve been sending applications but the responses just haven’t been what you’ve expected. You’re getting frustrated and are wondering if there’s anything you should change in your approach.
I’ve also spent hundreds of hours writing resumes and cover letters for job applications, in addition to being on the other side as a hiring manager and business owner. I’ll work with you to ensure that you’re standing out in the application process and more importantly, finding roles that you’ll excel in.
We should work together if…
- You have a clear goal of what type of job or internship you’re looking for next
- You have job listings we can use as a reference when customizing your resume and cover letter
- You have past cover letters and resumes we can review and sharpen
Details & Getting Started
Logistics: Sessions take place in one hour, half day, or full day increments over a period of a month and can be in person or via Skype
Coaching packages start at $200 and include multiple sessions, phone call check-ins, unlimited email support during the month of your sessions, and access to my personal network when appropriate.
To get started, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your current resume, links to any social media profiles, and three goals (more specific than, “get a job!”) I’ll use that information to see if you’re a good fit for our offerings.
We look forward to hearing from you!