- This event has passed.
Hashtag to Hired Bootcamp for Recent Grads
July 27, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
At a Glance:
It’s overwhelming and time-consuming to work on your profiles alone, especially without knowing all the nuances of each platform.
You’re a recent grad, along with THOUSANDS of other people who are about to start their careers. The competition for employment is fierce.
Attend our Boot Camp and rise above the rest.
Is this hands-on workshop for you? It is if you want to…
- Watch amazing career opportunities to come to you.
- Put in the work to develop your personal brand.
- Receive expert advice on how to use social media in your job hunt
You’ll leave this workshop with:
- A complete, search-optimized LinkedIn profile and new connections
- A Twitter profile you’re proud of and can use to grow your network
- The confidence and know-how needed to network and find mentors
- Strategies for creating stand out resumes and cover letters
- Insider tips on how to break into and stand out in competitive industries
- A personal website that makes employers go wow!
- An incredible community of your super-talented peers who will support you during the event and beyond.
Class size is extremely limited to ensure everyone gets the individual attention and time they need to leave the event with solid understanding of how to build, improve, and maintain their social media presence.
- Must be recent grad (0-3 years)
- Open to all levels of social media experience (from novice to pro)
- Must have a LinkedIn, Twitter, and Wix.com account set up.
Your Workshop Leader:
This event will be lead by FindSpark Founder & CEO Emily Miethner. Learn more about Emily at emilymiethner.com.
Dress: Business Casual
Special Thanks to Our Sponsor:
Thank you to our partner Wix.com for hosting us at the Wix Lounge. Wix.com enables you to build a free and professional online presence, just the way you want it. With an HTML5 drag-and-drop website editor, 100s of web apps, designer-made templates, and tons of features, Wix gives you the tools to launch and manage your online presence. So what are you waiting for? Sign up for a free Wix workshop today!
Dev Bootcamp is the original, short-term, immersive software development program that transforms those new to coding into job-ready, full-stack web developers. In Dev Bootcamp’s rigorous and supportive environment you will gain a thorough knowledge of software development fundamentals, the metacognitive skills to quickly pick up new programming languages, and the emotional intelligence to land your first job and have a successful, evolving career as a web developer. Find out more and start your today at devbootcamp.com
Still have questions? Check out our FAQs!
Q: I’m not a recent grad, I’m still in school or I graduated more than 3 years ago. Can I still attend?
A: This event will be geared to those who have been out of school 0-3 years. You’re welcome to attend if that’s not you, but just know the content might not be 100% as relevant as some of our other events.
Q: Will there be food at this event?
A: Yes! A majority of our events provide good old classic New York pizza and soda, including this one.
Q: What should I wear? Is there a dress code?
A: We always recommend business casual at our events.
Q: Is there a limit to how many events I can attend during the year?
A: Absolutely not. We encourage our community members to attend as many events as they’d like.