- This event has passed.
Marketing Yourself: A Resume & Interview Workshop
March 10, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
At a Glance:
Presentation and confidence must-haves when pitching your story to employers. Hear insider tips from real recruiters for rocking the interview and crafting your resume, then practice your skills and get direct feedback so you can feel more confident in your job search.
Who You’ll Meet
- Lindsay Pryor
Human Resources Coordinator
- Erika Beckles
Sr. Recruiter, Talent Acquisition
- Shelly Evans
Director of Human Resources
- Emily Miethner
CEO + Founder
- Robyn Steinberg
Community Outreach Manager
- Lauren Sachar
People Operations Manager
- Stanley Gasiewski
If you have trouble telling your story in a clear and concise way, we promise you that you aren’t alone. How are you supposed to get across your whole career story in just a few seconds, or on a single sheet of paper?
Even if you are confident in your pitch and resume, it’s extremely eye-opening to get feedback from different recruiters, and to get inspired by the feedback you’ll hear other attendees receive as well.
At this event you’ll learn to:
- Have a response ready when someone says “tell me about yourself”
- Fit your entire resume onto one page
- Create a resume and cover letter that will stand out to recruiters
- Pitch yourself in interviews, at events, or in an actual elevator with confidence
- Answer tough interview questions by practicing in a pressure-free environment
How it Works:
- Reps from top NYC companies will answer your questions on what they look for in job and internship applications during a brief panel.
- Then, you’ll break off into small groups and practice answering interview questions and review your resume with those reps and your peers.
- Not only will you benefit from practice and feedback, but you’ll be able to hear how your peers answer and the feedback they get.
- You’ll have time to network with all our speakers and your incredible peers, ask your own career questions, and get to know the FindSpark community.
Love FindSpark events? Become a Premium Member and receive 50% off every single event that you attend.
Dress: Business Casual
Tickets: $5-$20 (includes pizza!) depending on your FindSpark membership level & career status
Special Thanks to Our Partner:
Thank you to our partner Wix.com for hosting us at the Wix Lounge. Wix.com enables you to build a free and professional online presence, just the way you want it. With an HTML5 drag-and-drop website editor, 100s of web apps, designer-made templates, and tons of features, Wix gives you the tools to launch and manage your online presence. So what are you waiting for? Sign up for a free Wix workshop today!
Still have questions? Check out our FAQs!
Q: Do you do group sales for colleges, organizations, and companies?
A: Yes we do! FindSpark events are a practical and fun perk to offer your students, alumni, and community members. Contact us here to get in touch.
Q: Will there be food at this event?
A: Yes! A majority of our events provide good old classic New York pizza and soda, including this one.
Q: What should I wear? Is there a dress code?
A: We always recommend business casual at our events.
Q: Is there a limit to how many events I can attend during the year?
A: Absolutely not. We encourage our community members to attend as many events as they’d like.
Q: Can I give FindSpark event tickets to friends and family as a gift?
A: Absolutely. You are such a great friend/relative for wanting to support your loved one’s career! Send us an email and we’ll make it happen.