- This event has passed.
Match Made in Heaven: A Night of Speed Networking
June 24, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
At a Glance:
Speed networking event for young creatives to meet experienced pros and practice their pitch; like speed dating, but fun!
Who You’ll Meet
- Sandra Oboh Production Coordinator
- Cynthia Carrasco
Associate Director, Talent Acquisition
- Faith Cummings
Senior Editor / Contributing Freelance Writer
- Vicki Aubin Career Coach
The Rockin’ Career Coach
- Peter Boyce
General Catalyst Partners
- Mina Black
- Talisa Chang Freelance UX & Storytelling Strategist
- Chauncéa Carothers
- Nisha Chittal Social Media Content Editor
- Denise Burrell-Stinson
The New York Times
- Kara Freedman
Talent Acquisition Partner
- Stephanie Mendoza Global Licensing Coordinator
- Carolyn Zimatore Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition HarperCollins Publishers
Laurie Espino Global Community Manager
- You want to meet FindSpark speaker alumni from some of NYC’s top creative companies.
- You want to practice your elevator pitch in a comfortable, fun setting.
- You want to expand and strengthen your network.
- You want to get to know other members of the FindSpark community.
How it Works:
- You’ll sit down with a speaker from a past FindSpark event, pitch them your story, and get to know each other.
- After a few minutes, you’ll rotate to the next speaker.
- You’ll learn to get your story across quickly and effectively while meeting creatives from a variety of NYC’s top companies!
Love FindSpark events? Become a Premium Member and receive 50% off every single event that you attend.
Dress: Business Casual
Tickets: $9.50-$22 (includes pizza!) depending on your FindSpark membership level & career status
Special Thanks to Our Sponsor:
Wix.com enables everyone to design, publish and host stunning HTML5 websites. No coding, no previous design skills, just log in to Wix and start creating with our easy drag-and-drop website builder! In that spirit of encouraging creativity and enabling entrepreneurship, in 2010 Wix founded the NYC Wix Lounge. The Wix Lounge is a completely free co-working, event and exhibit space for creative professionals. Grab your laptop, pop into the Lounge and enjoy a productive work day, great networking opportunities, and amazing events. The Wix Lounge provides free support to New Yorkers, giving them the tools and tips for successfully launching and managing their businesses’ online presence. To learn more, please visit http://www.wix.com.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQs!
Q: Do you do group sales for colleges, organizations, and companies?
A: Yes we do! FindSpark events are a practical and fun perk to offer your students, alumni, and community members. Contact us here to get in touch.
Q: Will there be food at this event?
A: Yes! A majority of our events provide good old classic New York pizza and soda, including this one.
Q: What should I wear? Is there a dress code?
A: We always recommend business casual at our events.
Q: Is there a limit to how many events I can attend during the year?
A: Absolutely not. We encourage our community members to attend as many events as they’d like.
Q: Can I give FindSpark event tickets to friends and family as a gift?
A: Absolutely. You are such a great friend/relative for wanting to support your loved one’s career! Send us an email and we’ll make it happen.