- This event has passed.
Hashtag to Hired for Young Pros: A Personal Branding Boot Camp
August 12, 2014 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Our Hashtag to Hired Boot Camp will enable you to stand out within your job search and career in general through development of your online presence in a small, hands-on, group setting.
Do you struggle with packaging yourself and your work in a fresh, organized, and interesting way that will attract the right internships and career opportunities?
If so, we be this boot camp is for you.
- Are looking for amazing career opportunities to come to you.
- Are ready to put in the work to develop your personal brand.
- Understand the importance social media has within your career, but want guidance.
- Graduated from college within the last 5 years years ago.
It can be overwhelming and time-consuming to work on your social media profiles alone, especially without knowing all the nuances of each platform.
The competition for employment, and in particular, creative jobs, is fierce. If you’re using social media incorrectly, you could be hindering your job search. We want to help you so your online presence helps you!
You will leave the workshop with:
- A complete, search-optimized LinkedIn profile and new connections
- A Twitter profile you’re proud of and can use to grow your network
- The confidence and know-how needed to network and find mentors
- Strategies for creating stand out resumes and cover letters
- Insider tips on how to break into and stand out in competitive industries
- A personal website that makes employers go wow!
- An incredible community of your super-talented peers who will support you during the event and beyond.
Class size is extremely limited to ensure everyone gets the individual attention and time they need to leave the event with solid understanding of how to build, improve, and maintain their social media presence.
- Young Pro (General Member): $85
- Young Pro (Premium Member): $64
(this is a purchase your parents can get behind!)
- All-day intensive training
- Unlimited coffee & tea
- Lunch catered from Bareburger
- A snazzy new professional headshot for your LinkedIn & beyond
Are you ready to make an investment in your career that will benefit you for years to come?
Not a young professional? Here are some more Boot Camp dates for you:
- Students (rising sophomores, juniors or seniors): Tuesday, August 5th, 11am-5pm
- Idea to Reality for Side Hustlers & Entrepreneurs: Thursday, August 13th, 11am-5pm
Passionate about the power of relationships and their positive effect on our careers and happiness, Emily found herself mentoring internship hopefuls on how to connect with companies looking for talent. Now she runs FindSpark, whose aim is to support young creatives around the world discover what they are passionate about and give them the tools and knowledge they need to create their dream careers. Learn more about Emily here.
Programming & Community Manager
When Nickie was offered the opportunity to work for FindSpark, she said sayonara to the corporate world and embraced the life-altering offer with open arms. Her responsibilities include but are not limited to: event planning, marketing, social media strategy, intern and volunteer management, video content management, and blogging. As a producer by nature and a writer by talent, Nickie knew instantly that her work experience in the media would give her the edge she needed to do well at FindSpark. Learn more about Nickie here.
Special thanks to our partner: Wix
Wix.com enables everyone to design, publish and host stunning HTML5 websites. No coding, no previous design skills, just log in to Wix and start creating with our easy drag-and-drop website builder! In that spirit of encouraging creativity and enabling entrepreneurship, in 2010 Wix founded the NYC Wix Lounge. The Wix Lounge is a completely free co-working, event and exhibit space for creative professionals. Grab your laptop, pop into the Lounge and enjoy a productive work day, great networking opportunities, and amazing events. The Wix Lounge provides free support to New Yorkers, giving them the tools and tips for successfully launching and managing their businesses’ online presence. To learn more, please visit http://www.wix.com.
Delicious lunch is provided by: Bareburger
Bareburger is a micro-chain of organic burger restaurants that offer mouth-watering organic burgers and sandwiches, fresh salads, delicious shakes and sharable snacks in environmentally sustainable, eco-friendly locations. They believe organic food tastes better and is better for you, and that sourcing ingredients locally benefits our communities. The Bareburger menu features a variety of meats, including traditional beef, chicken, turkey and lamb; exotic options such as elk, bison, ostrich and boar; and mushroom, veggie and black bean burgers for our vegetarian and vegan guests. Bareburger also offers a number of savory and sweet salads, organic beer and wine, and kid-friendly cubby meals for the littlest diners. To learn more, please visit www.bareburger.com.