- This event has passed.
Match Made in Heaven: A Night of Speed Networking
January 29, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
At a Glance:
Speed networking event for young creatives to meet experienced pros and practice their pitch; like speed dating, but fun!
- You want to meet FindSpark speaker alumni from some of NYC’s top creative companies.
- You want to practice your elevator pitch in a comfortable, fun setting.
- You want to expand and strengthen your network.
- You want to get to know other members of the FindSpark community.
How it Works:
- The event runs from 6-9pm. You’re welcome to come for as much of that time as you would like.
- Attendees will be split into two groups. If your last name starts with A-L, you will speed network from 6:30-7:20. If your last name starts with M-Z, you will speed network from 7:40-8:30.*
- You’ll sit down with a speaker from a past FindSpark event, pitch them your story, and get to know each other.
- After a few minutes, you’ll rotate to the next speaker.
- You’ll learn to get your story across quickly and effectively while meeting creatives from a variety of NYC’s top companies!
- Bring your resume! When you’re not sitting with the speakers, we’ll have team members on hand to review your resumes and help you practice your pitch.
- Before, after, and between the two groups, there will be time for free networking, so you will have the opportunity to meet everyone!
*If you can’t come for your assigned time, you can attend for whatever portion of the event you are available.
Who You May Meet
- Luke LiSeniorArt DirectorThe Science Project
- LaDonna Lusher Senior Associate Virginia and Ambinder, LLP
- Megan Nutall Senior WriterKBS+
- Torsten Gross CSO Partners & Partners
- Bernadette Anat Teen Advisor/ Freelance Producer YMCA/Freelance
- Rich Tu Principal Creative Rich Tu Design
- Peter Boyce Associate General Catalyst Partners
- Mandy Velez Editor A+
- Vicki Aubin Founder The Rockin’ Career Coach
- Bianca PasternackFreelanceEvents/Design/ Sales/Fundraising
- Donna AbbateManager, Talent AcquisitionZenithOptimedia
- Evann Clingan Senior Insights Analyst 360i
- Joann RodriguezTalent Acquisition RecruiterUnivision Communications, Inc.
- Parris Whittingham Owner From Paris with Love
- Maria SpanoManaging Editor Penguin Random House
- Jeremy DonovanAuthorSpeakingSherpa
- Laurie EspinoFreelance Digital Content Strategist & Producer
- Kate Levenstein Founder, President Cannonball Productions
Love FindSpark events? Become a Premium Member and receive 50% off every single event that you attend.
Dress: Business Casual
Tickets: $9.50-$22 (includes pizza!) depending on your FindSpark membership level & career status
Special Thanks to Our Sponsor:
Wix.com enables everyone to design, publish and host stunning HTML5 websites. No coding, no previous design skills, just log in to Wix and start creating with our easy drag-and-drop website builder! In that spirit of encouraging creativity and enabling entrepreneurship, in 2010 Wix founded the NYC Wix Lounge. The Wix Lounge is a completely free co-working, event and exhibit space for creative professionals. Grab your laptop, pop into the Lounge and enjoy a productive work day, great networking opportunities, and amazing events. The Wix Lounge provides free support to New Yorkers, giving them the tools and tips for successfully launching and managing their businesses’ online presence. To learn more, please visit http://www.wix.com.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQs!
Q: Do you do group sales for colleges, organizations, and companies?
A: Yes we do! FindSpark events are a practical and fun perk to offer your students, alumni, and community members. Contact us here to get in touch.
Q: Will there be food at this event?
A: Yes! A majority of our events provide good old classic New York pizza and soda, including this one.
Q: What should I wear? Is there a dress code?
A: We always recommend business casual at our events.
Q: Is there a limit to how many events I can attend during the year?
A: Absolutely not. We encourage our community members to attend as many events as they’d like.
Q: Can I give FindSpark event tickets to friends and family as a gift?
A: Absolutely. You are such a great friend/relative for wanting to support your loved one’s career! Send us an email and we’ll make it happen.