- This event has passed.
Branding 101: A Website & Portfolio Workshop
May 20, 2015 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
At a Glance:
Website building pros will teach you everything you need to know to build a stellar online portfolio, no matter your background, and help you leave with a new or better site!
Who You’ll Meet
- Azita Houshiar Freelance Illustrator Writer, Blogger
Fig & Quince
- Annie Malarkey
Community Partnerships + Event Marketing
- Christine Cha Outreach Manager
- Emily Miethner
Founder + CEO FindSpark + MCG Social
- You want to know how to build a beautiful, clean website with zero coding experience.
- You want to get feedback on the most effective ways to show your work online.
- You want to expand your online presence.
- You want to learn what should and shouldn’t be on your website.
- You want to get inspired by examples of eye-catching personal websites.
- You want to get to know other awesome FindSpark community members.
How it Works:
- Experts will share their tips for pulling together a beautiful online portfolio to showcase your work, whatever your work may be.
- Then, they’ll help you start your own site, or give feedback on your existing site.
- You’ll leave having started your site or made improvements to your existing one (so bring a laptop!).
What to Bring:
- Fully charged laptop
- Your Wix.com account already set up (get started here!)
- Smiles and enthusiasm!
Love FindSpark events? Become a Premium Member and receive 50% off every single event that you attend.
Dress: Business Casual
Tickets: $7.50-$25 (includes pizza!) depending on your FindSpark membership level & career status
Special Thanks to Our Sponsor:
Wix.com enables everyone to design, publish and host stunning HTML5 websites. No coding, no previous design skills, just log in to Wix and start creating with our easy drag-and-drop website builder! In that spirit of encouraging creativity and enabling entrepreneurship, in 2010 Wix founded the NYC Wix Lounge. The Wix Lounge is a completely free co-working, event and exhibit space for creative professionals. Grab your laptop, pop into the Lounge and enjoy a productive work day, great networking opportunities, and amazing events. The Wix Lounge provides free support to New Yorkers, giving them the tools and tips for successfully launching and managing their businesses’ online presence. To learn more, please visit http://www.wix.com.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQs!
Q: Do you do group sales for colleges, organizations, and companies?
A: Yes we do! FindSpark events are a practical and fun perk to offer your students, alumni, and community members. Contact us here to get in touch.
Q: Will there be food at this event?
A: Yes! A majority of our events provide good old classic New York pizza and soda, including this one.
Q: What should I wear? Is there a dress code?
A: We always recommend business casual at our events.
Q: Is there a limit to how many events I can attend during the year?
A: Absolutely not. We encourage our community members to attend as many events as they’d like.
Q: Can I give FindSpark event tickets to friends and family as a gift?
A: Absolutely. You are such a great friend/relative for wanting to support your loved one’s career! Send us an email and we’ll make it happen.