I started reading Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? by Seth Godin today, which inspired this post.
In this day and age, people want to see what you’ve created. What have you made (or made happen)? This applies to you, interns and college students! You think you’re busy now, wait until you have a “real” job…you’ll still be busy and tired. Start now, make something cool, now!
- Make a list of things you love to do and make
- Decide which of those things you’re the best at
- Convert this thing into something people need and want
- Find a friend to help you who will complement the things you’re good at with things they are good at (because nothing awesome is done by a single person)
- Spread this new idea using the internet
- Work on this thing until it is awesome
- Use your audience to help make it more awesome
- Try new things
- Work more
- Love what you do
It’s hard to start things…you can come up with a million reasons for putting it off (I’m too busy, it’s not good enough yet, I need to write more notes, I’m not sure…). Have some guts today and just do it!