FRIDAY, JUNE 19, 2015 @ 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
The premiere social media educational event for higher ed professionals.
At A Glance
Creating an effective social media strategy continues to be a challenge in higher education. For social media to be effective it’s crucial that administrators stay on top of current trends and strategies, maintain consistency across channels, and ultimately create genuine conversations with students. This conference will teach you the fundamentals of a social media strategy, including:
- The power of social media
- How to engage students beyond general outreach
- Examples of success in specific channels
- Content strategy
- New tools and platforms
After participating in this workshop, you will be able to better leverage social media channels to engage with students and meet department and institutional goals.
- Get specific, actionable tips from higher ed professionals who are already kicking ass in their social media campaigns.
- Receive hands-on training with social media tools like Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and management systems.
- Learn how to measure ROI so you can see what’s working and what’s not.
- Learn how to create an engaging, structured content plan.
- Get inspired by examples of higher social campaigns that are getting results.
- Meet other higher ed professionals in the same space.
Topics Covered & Event Format:
- Higher ed social media experts will share tips and case studies on how to use social media effectively.
- Hands-on training session on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and management systems will show you exactly how to use these platforms.
- Students explain what universities can do to start genuine conversations with them.
- Breakout sessions to create content plans and strategies.
- Keeping Students Interested and Engaged with Social
- Getting Hands-On Experience with Twitter and Instagram
- Case Study: Using Social Media as a Promotional Tool
Speakers: Coming soon!
Location: Coming soon!