This week Marny Smith, NY Creative Interns Community Manager and I taught our Skillshare Class for the second time. “Land An Internship or Job Using Social Media.” Thanks to the fantastic attendees who asked great questions and made the class fun. Special thanks to RecordSetter for hosting us in their office. Below is the presentation along with some of our favorite additional tips we learned from the students in the class.
- Zerply is a professional network built around people who love what they do. We believe that professional networking can be done differently.
- If you change your name (you’re recently married, etc), Facebook has an option where you can make yourself searchable by your old name.
- Need to see what your updated privacy settings look like on Facebook? Log out to see how someone you’re not friends with sees your profile.
More Social Media and Job Search Resources:
(these are in the powerpoint, but here they are in easy clickable form)
- NY Creative Interns Resources. The best websites, events, classes, and more
- How to Build a Portfolio Site for the HTML Unsavvy
Do you have other social media tips and tricks that you’ve used in your internship or job search? Share them in the comments.