is a full day conference designed to give emerging creative professionals the tools needed to kickstart their dream careers, through panels, workshops, networking and fun. The next conference will take place on Saturday, November 10th, this time at Pratt Institute in Fort Greene, Brooklyn. To give you a sense of what the conference is all about, we will be releasing videos from the panel discussions from the last conference, which delve into topics such as using social media to advance your career, pursuing your dream job, and networking effectively to make great connections.
This panel focused on the ins and outs of Kickstarter, a funding platform for creative projects. If accomplishing your dream means receiving financial backing, this video is especially relevant, as it focuses on the basics of starting a Kickstarter campaign and how to successfully fund your creative dream:
The takeaway? Kickstarter can help you achieve your dream and bring your creative project to fruition, even if it has a price tag. When you’re gearing up the structure of your Kickstart project, it’s important to remember:
- Begin your Kickstarter project with a video. It’s not about production quality, it about sharing with others what your dream is, and how they can help you reach it.
- It’s about an exchange of value; if someone donates $10 they get $10 worth of rewards in return.
- Reach out to your network of people — your friends, family and professional contacts. Share with them the details of your project; you’d be surprised how supportive your community can be if you ask.
- You set the deadline to reach your Kickstarter goal; use the time allocated effectively. Some of the best Kickstarter campaigns not only push for pledges at the beginning and end of a goal, but find creative ways to push for pledges in the middle of their goal as well.
- Successful projects have a reasonable goal and offer an exchange of value. Inspire people and they will want to support you, without it feeling like a donation.
To register for the upcoming Find & Follow You Passion conference or learn more about the conference and the cool creatives who will be rounding out the panels, go to conf.www.findspark.com