|Company Name||J. Walter Thompson (view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 10, 2017|
At J. Walter Thompson we create pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business. We have been connecting brands with consumers and creating engaging stories that shift behavior for over 150 years. We currently have over 200 offices in 90 countries that contain 10,000 of the brightest minds in the business. We owe our growing success to the adoption of a set of simple principles we refer to as the 4 C’s: curiosity, collaboration, capability and courage. It is the embodiment of these traits that makes J. Walter Thompson unique. It is also what we look for in potential new hires.
Account management today sits at the intersection of creativity and commerce. Account people not only have to appreciate great creative, they need to champion it. And the best way to champion it is to understand the business challenges and problems that our ideas will solve – and to help clients connect the dots. They need to be “quarterbacks” to help create pioneering work and navigate the complexity of marketing today – and in many ways, they need to be agents of change to buck the status quo.
Our Account Associate is a fully participating team member, responsible for providing impeccable support on a day-to-day basis to the Account team. The Account Associate fosters strong client relationships while collaborating with the team to deliver great work of the highest quality.
A Day in the Life:
- Support the account management team and client services by providing prompt, thorough response to miscellaneous client requests
- Coordinate with the client and account stakeholders daily to monitor account status, job development, on-going budget reports, route creative for legal approvals and and track status of all assigned account work in status reports
- Monitor account development across disciplines and agencies to alert Account Managers of issues early on and ensure the sharing of relevant information
- Work with Account Managers to formulate POVs on business and brand issues and opportunities
- Establish trust and respect with the client to maintain and grow existing relationships
- Coordinate client meetings as needed
- Work closely with account team, talent and business management to understand, anticipate, and manage budgetary issues
- Manage competitive intelligence by tracking and analyzing all competitive activity and trends, creative, media (traditional and non-traditional), and new product introductions and sales/market share to compile reports to present to clients
- Cultivate a nuanced understanding of the client’s business, including product manufacturing, communication and media news and industry trends
What You’ll Need:
- Let’s start with a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and one year of experience in an agency or related environment. Surprise us with the equivalent!
- An action-oriented entrepreneurial spirit and a laser focus on the outcome, not just on the process
- A “your problem is my problem” attitude and an eagerness to explore all available resources to think differently about problems and solutions
- A thirst for knowledge to dig deep into the business to understand where the pain points are and the ability to link our work directly back to the business as much as possible
- A resilient positive demeanor to foster a highly collaborative environment
- Confidence to present your own and other’s work persuasively, whether written or verbal
- Financial savvy – the willingness and capability to work with numbers
- Curiosity to learn further about the advertising business and account management from emerging media and technology, trade publications, industry blogs and industry collateral
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.