This position provides administrative support for the Administrative Support Services for the Office of Public and Indian Housing (PIH). The Contractor shall provide non-personal administrative management support services for the Office of Public Housing Investments (OPHI), Special Applications Center (SAC).
Experience and Skills:
Services included the following general Support Functions but are not limited to the following tasks which are broken into the following categories:
- General Office Support Functions
- Provide clerical support to include receptionist duties, faxing, filing and assisting employees in making travel arrangements.
- Perform general administrative functions in support of day-to-day operations including answering of telephones and providing telephone support.
- Prepare and develop documentation for Government review and approval, to include presentations, memoranda, correspondence, organizational charts and statistical reports and/or improving on the quality of existing documentation in support of program management functions, including but not limited to the use of MS Office Suite. Edit draft publications, reports, procedural and instructional handbooks and other correspondence for the Special Applications Center (SAC).
- Monitor multiple general and specific delivery email boxes daily; review emails to determine urgency and forward or prepare responses to emails, follow-up and route appropriately.
- Receive, inventory, store and distribute mail and packages received by the office; package and label items to be mailed or shipped.
- Provide data entry and information gathering support.
- Scan documents as required, including scanning into electronic filing system, using Adobe Acrobat Pro or other scanning software.
- Schedule and coordinate conference calling as needed.
- Monitor office supply levels and recommend replenishment as needed, including completion of necessary electronic and hard copy documentation to facilitate purchases as determined by the government.
- Operate all office equipment provided including copiers, fax machines, printers, scanners, binding machines, etc.
- Should have broad background of basic office operations, proficient in computer knowledge and equipment as well as other general office equipment.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel with knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro or other scanning software, spread sheet, and database experience.
- Must pass drug screen and background check.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
- Associates degree; or equivalent from a two year college or technical school; or six months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degree desirable.
Prior Experience Desirable:
- 2-3 years administrative experience with some office management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to use discretion and good judgment while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment and is a self-starter.
- Continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Strong ability to write and maintain quality documentation and communicate in a professional manner.
- Ability to proofread and edit documents.
- Superior analytical ability in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative issues and prioritize and organize work.
- Excellent verbal communication skills required to effectively communicate with a broad range of individuals.
- Ability to make quick and independent decisions when dealing with inquiries.
- Highly organized and accurate, with excellent planning skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent proactive problem solving capability needed to overcome daily situations that occur in an office environment.
- Proficiency in all MS Office applications, especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in use of office equipment.
Other Qualifications or Requirements:
- Ability to coordinate the work of the HUD Office of Public and Indian Housing (PIH).
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to handle interruptions while maintaining satisfactory work levels.
- Office environment not requiring strenuous physical qualifications.
- Well-lit office environment requiring average amount of visual effort.
- Follow all safety regulations to diminish accidents.
- Understanding of OSHA safety requirements.
- Knowledge of evacuation procedures and the whereabouts of exits and fire extinguishers.
- Immediately report circumstances that may present a hazard to yourself and others.
- Report any accident whether minor or major.
Scope of Position:
- Not applicable.