The Associate Affiliate Editor will join a team of fellow editors and strategists on the Bustle Studios team. Working with another Associate Affiliate Editor, as well as Bustle’s business development and editorial teams, this role will help strategize new content and sustain existing successes for our rapidly growing affiliate e-commerce platform. Ideal candidates will have a mix of editorial and analytical skills — i.e., you should understand how to tailor content to an audience, optimize it for different platforms, and interpret data to help Bustle readers discover products they’ll love. Being that this is a new venture, editors on the affiliate team should be flexible, creative, and driven candidates willing to try new things and pivot when necessary.
The Associate Editor’s day-to-day will include editing commerce articles to ensure they uphold editorial standards while also maximizing their success with the Bustle audience; updating high-performing content to ensure its maintained success; learning what engages our audience on Pinterest and Facebook; analyzing traffic and results from past efforts to form recommendations for improvement; brainstorming with the business development team to come up with untapped topics and areas for potential growth; and collaborating with internal production teams and external e-commerce partners on creative assets.
This role will initially report to the Senior Branded Content Editor and involves collaboration with our business development, operations, sales, design, and editorial teams.
- Edit incoming stories from commerce writers for grammar, voice, product choice, formatting, and SEO strength.
- Participate in biweekly brainstorms with the affiliate and business development team to conceptualize and polish future story assignments.
- Research products across several categories to include in articles, from beauty to tech to lifestyle and beyond.
- Optimize existing successful content as needed, both from affiliate and editorial writers.
- Collaborate with editorial teams to maintain quality across all affiliate content, ensuring it feels authentic to our editorial voice and genuinely useful for Bustle’s readers.
- Use analytics tools and data provided by business development team to monitor performance and to inform our editorial strategy and calendar.
- Work with existing associate editor to help oversee a pool of part-time writers and implement feedback from the sales team.
- BA/BS degree English, journalism, marketing, or related field
- 1-2 years of experience in e-commerce or editorial — preferably some combination of the two
- Some experience managing writers
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to communicate across several teams
- Ability to multitask and be nimble as we develop our strategy
- Willingness to go above and beyond to achieve revenue goals