Bustle is seeking a commerce coordinator to assist in building Bustle’s new commerce (affiliate marketing) platform. This position will assist in the implementation of marketing tactics for Bustle’s commerce business; analyze product sales performance and traffic performance to form recommendations for continuous improvement of commerce content; research and discover interesting products for the commerce team to consider for promotion; and coordinate with internal edit, design, marketing and tech teams to complete creative assets. This is an exciting new, experimental team at Bustle, so the role requires being flexible and motivated and excited by the challenge of finding ways to optimize our content and marketing strategy. We’re seeking candidates who are analytical, entrepreneurial, creative, driven and excited to try new things.
- Responsible for identifying the best affiliate products to feature in articles, the best way to market these products, and for adding affiliate product links and images to content
- Use analytics tools (like Google Analytics) to identify existing content in which to add affiliate product links; coordinate with relevant editors and writers as needed to add links and images to content
- Use analytics to monitor commerce articles’ performance and inform our strategy on article topics to cover and products to feature, based on what’s most likely to succeed
- Research products to feature in Bustle articles by studying popular products and new product trends, analyzing the Bustle audience’s interests, and successful previous product sales generated by Bustle articles
- Develop new, and continue to build out existing, analytical tools (using programs like Excel, Google Analytics, etc.) to analyze performance of product-related articles and product sales
- Assist in testing optimal affiliate strategies: researching third party commerce platforms and services to test, A/B testing Bustle’s affiliate articles to optimize our user interface, etc.
- Help develop and run marketing campaigns to promote commerce editorial content
- Assist in managing the workflow of part-time employees who add product links into content
- Assist in other projects including analyzing and researching marketing and e-commerce trends to develop new strategies and optimize existing strategies to promote revenue growth.
- Strong attention to detail; strong analytical and organizational skills
- BA/BS degree (Marketing , Business, Product Merchandising, Journalism or loosely-related fields)
- At least 1 year of experience in E- Commerce, Marketing, Business or related fields
- Strategic, creative and analytical thinker with excellent verbal and written skills; ability to multi-task
- Strong technology-related skills, aptitude, and interest - solid MS Office (Excel) skills and Google Analytics aptitude
- Interest in e-commerce and content
- Focus, enthusiasm, and a strong desire to succeed
- Willingness to go above & beyond what is asked
- A self-starter who can take an idea and run with it without direct oversight