My name is Lauren and own / consult for a few digital businesses through my company SproutLabs.
I am looking for someone who can help with a variety of design and marketing needs. This is a perfect role for someone with photoshop (or Sketch) chops, a good eye for design, interested in marketing and comfortable working on all sorts of digital centric projects.
- Brainstorm on social media strategies for each brand.
- Design social post content and write post copy / hashtags; primarily on Instagram.
- Identify existing websites, brands and design assets that can be used for inspiration for client websites / branding.
- Use websites like CreativeMarket or Shutterstock to identify fonts, images and other design assets that align with direction provided.
- Use the above mentioned assets to design digital content (Instagram images, webpages, emails, etc.) in Photoshop or Sketch based off of direction.
- Take existing copy and re-format / edit / add a brand voice to it.
- Handle simple admin level tasks for some digital platforms, I will train you on all of this.
- Help with a variety of business requests. For example, occasionally I’ll need you to find a freelancer for a project.
Feel like this job is speaking to you but you’re not a total pro with all this stuff? Don’t sweat it. Whatever you don’t know, but need to know, I’ll gladly train you on. As part of this I’ll introduce you to all the tools that make working in the digital world a total breeze.
- A good eye for design and experience with Photoshop or Sketch.
- A good attitude and bad ass work ethic. You will be kept busy, but don’t worry I won’t be working you to the bone and I’ve never made anyone cry at work or anything.
- Business experience with digital platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Shopify, Wordpress, Google Analytics, PPT or Slides is a plus.
- Located in Soho, NYC (WeWork on 175 Varick)
- This is a paid full time internship. If you do a great job this will turn into a full time position within 3 months.
- Your WeWork membership and metro card will be paid for.
A bit more on me:
I’ve been Head of Marketing for several digital businesses and now I run a few of my own while consulting for other companies. I’m launching a new design / branding related startup that you will get to help out on! I’m a great boss and love helping people grow into whatever it is they’re trying to become.
What to include in your application:
Please list your LinkedIn profile link or upload a resume. Also upload (or link to) examples of design work you've done.