|Date Posted||January 25, 2017|
Vimeo – Creator Tools Engineering Internship
Vimeo is home to the world’s most imaginative videos. We empower creators with the best tools
to manage, share, and sell videos, while providing a leading consumer entertainment
destination for innovative and imaginative programming.
Engineers on the Creator Platform team have the opportunity to do way more than write code.
We’re designing and engineering professional-grade video tools for creators that combine
power with ease of use. As Vimeo engineering intern, you’ll work alongside other brilliant minds
to create the tools and features used everyday by hundreds of millions of people around the
world. Given the crazy amount of rad stuff we’re making, we’ll rely on you to take ownership of
projects and to, you know, crush them.
What you’ll do:
- Develop high-performance tools that combine scalability with user experience
- Write clean, portable, and well-documented code
- Work with Design and Product teams to help move projects from conception to launch
- Grow both technically and professionally in an awesome environment with tons of
- development opportunities to learn and do more
What we’re seeking:
- SASS, PHP, Python, Ruby
- You have side projects or viewable public code on Github, Bitbucket, etc.
- You have eye for product design and interactivity, and possess a strong attention to
- You are a big picture thinker: you understand how individual parts fit into the whole of a
- You are problem-solver who is interested in scale, efficiency, and performance
- You are currently pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related
- technical discipline, with an expected graduation date of 2017 or 2018
This is a paid internship.
Creativity and diversity are at the center of the Vimeo universe. To make sure our culture and
products reflect those values, we’re committed to building an actively inclusive environment for
human beings of every age, race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental and
physical ability, veteran status, national origin, and ancestry. At Vimeo, diverse backgrounds,
refreshing perspectives, and open hearts are all welcome. If you like the sound of that, come
work with us.
Today, Vimeo reaches a monthly audience of over 160 million creators and viewers — and we’re growing bigger every day. Vimeo is made with love by a highly ambitious, ridiculously innovative, and certifiably hilarious team based in New York City, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
- Dream Job at FindSpark -- full time, interns, or freelancers new posted 6 days ago.
- Partner Sales & Community Development new posted 6 days ago.
- Account Trainee, Payment Services - Spanish, Marketing posted 17 days ago.
- Digital Media Assistant (Video), Contract posted 19 days ago.