We are currently looking for a part time designer to assist our staff in designing and executing clean, creative, engaging digital solutions for web (websites, landing pages, email marketing, display ads, etc.). This role would work on a variety of projects, both internal and client facing, across several industries, so no day (or project!) would be the same.
Role and responsibilities:
- Work to design engaging visual solutions, specifically wireframes and mockups for responsive websites (desktop, tablet, and mobile)
- Design a variety of digital deliverables, including web site graphics, imagery, banners, mobile design, etc.
- Create user experiences that are data-driven and conversion-focused
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Work closely with team members to understand and translate project requirements
- Communicate ideas and concepts clearly and concisely, while also being open to receiving feedback and direction, as needed
- Work closely with development team to deliver required assets
What is Marcel Digital looking for in a designer?
The ideal candidate is creatively focused and a unique thinker when it comes to designing websites and other creative assets. In short, we want someone who can tune in to our clients’ needs and produce designs that set us apart. We are looking for someone passionate about web design and digital marketing, who is committed to bringing new and exciting ideas, techniques and approaches to our design staff.
- 2+ years experience in web/digital design
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience in designing digital marketing materials, including effective emails, web banner ads, and landing pages optimized for maximum conversion
- Understanding of user experience and how it influences design
- Strong sense of web design principles, especially use of color, imagery, typography, and composition
- Affinity for current industry developments, design trends, and technologies
- Great attitude and proactive, with an eagerness to learn
- Ability to work on multiple projects under varying deadlines and quickly respond to creative and technical direction while managing all details.
What Does Marcel Digital Offer in Return?
There’s the normal stuff, like competitive wages, work outings and happy hours and a casual, fun, laid back environment. But even more than that, we offer a collaborative work environment that focuses on autonomy and learning, where we seek to give our employees the ability to master new skills and sharpen existing ones, as well as opportunities to expand into other areas of the digital space.
If you are a creative person with excellent design skills and a thirst to design innovative solutions for an assortment of projects, we are interested in hearing from you.