|Date Posted||January 24, 2017|
Vimeo - Graphic Design Intern
Vimeo is home to the world’s most imaginative videos. We empower creators with the best tools to manage, share, and sell videos, while providing a leading consumer entertainment destination for innovative and imaginative programming.
Vimeo Entertainment aims to become the ultimate online viewing destination for free and paid original video content (think: Staff Picks and film festival award-winners!). We’re looking for a design intern who is passionate about social media storytelling through spot-on design, someone who is comfortable creating content for all the current social media channels and who isn’t afraid to experiment with new platforms. You’ll be able to move quickly (aka at the speed of the internet’s attention span) to create awesome graphics and GIFs that will make people want to watch the awesome videos made by our filmmaker community. You’ll work primarily with the Vimeo Entertainment team to ensure that all of the videos Vimeo promotes—on social media accounts as well as across the Vimeo site—are represented in the most beautiful way possible.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Design team to create compelling visual assets—think video thumbnails, social media posts, animated GIFS, Snapchat filters, homepage art—that will make people want to watch the best videos on the internet and love Vimeo even more than they already do
- Collaborate closely with the marketing team to execute key projects
- Help expand audience reach to position Vimeo Entertainment as a global brand representing the home for the world’s best videos and the awesome people who make them
- Push boundaries (and be willing to take some risks) to make the Vimeo Entertainment social media presence as innovative and cool as the videos we’re sharing
- Grow both technically and professionally in an awesome environment with tons of opportunity to learn and do more
What we’re seeking:
- You are familiar with storytelling through standard social media sites and are eager to design for new platforms
- You are a strong collaborator and communicator
- You are flexible and open to feedback, but have the confidence to speak up and voice your opinion while explaining your design decisions
- You are comfortable working both autonomously and within a group
- You have an online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience and the ridiculously impressive design things you’ve had a hand in
- You are currently pursuing a BS or MS in Graphic Design, Web Design or related discipline, with an expected graduation date of 2017 or 2018
- Video-editing experience
- That rare ability to #inspire those around you.
- Familiarity with (and/or an undying love for) the Vimeo brand visuals, verbosity and social media channels.
This is a paid internship.
Creativity and diversity are at the center of the Vimeo universe. To make sure our culture and products reflect those values, we’re committed to building an actively inclusive environment for human beings of every age, race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental and physical ability, veteran status, national origin, and ancestry. At Vimeo, diverse backgrounds, refreshing perspectives, and open hearts are all welcome. If you like the sound of that, come work with us.
Today, Vimeo reaches a monthly audience of over 160 million creators and viewers — and we’re growing bigger every day. Vimeo is made with love by a highly ambitious, ridiculously innovative, and certifiably hilarious team based in New York City, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
- Graphic Design Internship posted 23 days ago.