Swiss Re is looking for an intern to join our Property and Casualty (P&C) Products Underwriting teams in our Schaumburg, IL office. This internship will provide ample learning and growth opportunities, while also allowing the candidate to make an immediate and tangible impact within the team. Upon finishing the internship, the candidate will have a broad experience in various aspects of underwriting within the reinsurance sector.
- Work alongside the department's property and casualty underwriters, property and casualty actuaries, and client managers as they conduct their daily business within the U.S. reinsurance markets
- Assist with the pricing and underwriting of P&C treaties
- Lead research projects for internal knowledge expertise
- Support in improvement and betterment of internal tools
- Work on a variety of deals across various segments of property and casualty reinsurance
- Provide ad hoc support to the P&C Underwriting team
Every year, Swiss Re offers internships to a number of bright and highly motivated students, enabling them to benefit from the company's global perspective and to discover the world. A Swiss Re internship can be much more than a temporary job - it can be your first step to a rewarding career. The program is expected to last 12 weeks, offers competitive salaries, and is offered in different Swiss Re locations.
- In Junior year of an undergrad degree program
- Exceptional academic performance (min. 3.0 GPA)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated, hardworking, analytical and proactive
- Must be able to work well with individuals at all levels within the organization and be able to articulate ideas Interested candidates should apply through
About the team
The P&C Products teams analyse, price, and underwrite business and you will be embedded in a team which consists of highly dedicated professionals with large degree of diversity in terms of backgrounds and skills.