As a reflection of our corporate philosophy and learning methodology, The Estée Lauder Companies’ HR internship program promotes continuous leadership development, hands-on practical experience, group networking opportunities, and strategic thinking initiatives to optimize participants' learning and career growth. The HR internship consists of 2 possible areas that make up the HR function at The Estée Lauder Companies:
- HR Business Partner (HRBP)/ Employee Services (ESO) – projects related to employee needs for those sitting in brands or one of our corporate functions, including performance/talent management, onboarding, payroll administration, employee relations, among other projects.
- Center of Excellence (COE) – strategic program design/creation and implementation relating to core HR strategy; areas of focus may include:
o Global Management Strategies
o Global Organization Design and Effectiveness
o Global Sales Capability
o Global Talent
o Global Total Rewards & HR Operations
Interns will have the opportunity to collaborate on projects that will support the team in reaching established goals and objectives directly relating to the success of the business.
Selected candidates can expect:
- Ownership of projects instrumental to the HR Function
- Networking opportunities through various planned events and activities to provide exposure to other facets of the company
- Mentoring by seasoned HR executives
- Partnerships with other departments within the company to gain a greater understanding of HR’s role in the business
- Strong interest in Human Resources
- Prior internship experience working in a fast paced corporate environment
- Ability to work in a professional and confidential environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook; Oracle, Taleo, or experience with an applicant-tracking-system a plus
- Strong written and verbal skills
Applicants must be majoring in Human Resources, Labor Relations, or related field, and must have completed their Junior year by program start (June 2018).