We're looking for someone smart, energetic, outgoing, well-spoken, and resourceful to join team FindSpark to build and execute our employer and sponsor development and sales initiatives. The role will be hugely rewarding and take place in a super supportive and fun environment, in addition to being fast-paced with high expectations.
Some of our amazing employers and sponsors past and present include HBO, Blue Apron, BuzzFeed, L'Oreal, Barbarian Group, IPG Mediabrands, MOO cards, Wix.com, Showtime, Credit Karma, NYU Housing, AOL, and NYU-SPS.
Your goal is to bring more outstanding employers and sponsors into the FindSpark community and to connect them to our young professional community through our array of online and in-person programs.
There will be hands-on training during the first two weeks and all along the way, but you’ll be expected to dive in right away. Passion for careers, community, and helping others is a huge plus. Member of the FindSpark community = mega bonus..
Skills / experience needed / wanted:
- Amazing communicator and listener
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent writing skills and copywriting chops
- Strong relationship builder (bonus if you have your own network we can tap in to)
- Sales and / or customer service experience
- Extremely well spoken and comfortable over the phone (there will be lots of calls)
- Outstanding time management and follow up skills
- Thrives under pressure
- Experience creating things from scratch...coming up with ideas, then executing
- 1-5 years professional work experience (we're flexible, and care about fit more than anything)
People describe you as:
- A people-person
- Driven and hungry
Software / tools:
- Experience with a CRM (Zoho, Salesforce, Streak, Yesware, etc)
- Email newsletter tools (Mailchimp, ActiveCampaign, etc)
- Google Docs, Google Presentations/Powerpoint
- Basic social media platform knowledge (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook)
- The phone (old school, but very important)
- Develop new and existing employer and sponsor partnerships that drive revenue and deliver value to both our clients and our community
- Work with CEO to develop strategies for creating and maintaining relationships with potential employers through community building, such as newsletters and events
- Develop employer and sponsor prospect lists
- Create sales and partner materials
- Organize, attend, and lead sales calls and meetings
- Oversee planning, marketing, coordination and employer participation in recruitment programs
- Develop KPIs with employers and sponsors and ensure they are met and exceeded
- Handle employer and sponsor related paperwork and administrative tasks
- Oversee employer and sponsor database
- Work with team to integrate employers and sponsors into programs
- Budget for networking events for lead generation and professional development
- Team lunches
- Space to work at Wix Lounge
- Unlimited networking opportunities
- Make a real impact on our community and members
- Mentorship and guidance from Founder/CEO + advisory board members
- Best team ever
- Starts ASAP
- Person will work from office in Chelsea, with the option for occasional remote work
- Can provide own laptop or one will be provided
- Compensation will depend on experience level.
- We're exploring both contractors, part-time, and full-time interest for this role.
- Sign up for our community at findspark.com
- Include in your application...
- Short blurb on why you’re a good fit (in the body of email is fine), including the biggest thing you’ve ever sold and how you found out about us
- One company that would benefit from becoming a FindSpark sponsor and why. One company that would benefit from becoming a FindSpark employer and why.
- Link to your LinkedIn and any other places you live online
- When you could start
Due to the volume of applications we can only respond to those we're interested in, but we're extremely grateful to everyone who applies.
Since forming in 2011, FindSpark has grown to over 25,000 members and has produced more than 250 career programs.