Bustle Digital Group is searching for an enthusiastic Recruiting & Editorial Operations Manager based in NYC.
Applicants should be super familiar with all of BDG’s properties (Bustle, Elite Daily, and Romper), LOVE reviewing resumes, and be interested in working with a passionate group of people to fill our open roles!
This role will have a hand in all aspects of the hiring process, from posting job listings and sourcing potential hires to reviewing applications and maintaining candidate pipelines.
The ideal candidate has a background in editorial, but an interest in moving away from a reporting/writing role and into a human resources/management role. This role reports to the Editorial Operations Director.
In your cover letter, please tell us:
- why you are interested in working for Bustle Digital Group
- why you'd be a fit for this position
- if you have any recruiting or operations experience (it's OK if you don't)
- what makes an ideal editorial candidate for Bustle, Romper, or Elite Daily
Applications without a cover letter or those that do not address the above questions will not be considered.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to write and post job descriptions
- Review resumes and applications for a variety of editorial positions
- Assist in planning and managing the BDG internship and fellowship programs
- Assist in coordinating career fairs, career development partnerships, and community events
- Attend fairs, workshops, conferences and more as the face of BDG
- Assist in planning in-house events for BDG community members and prospective candidates
- Innovate new candidate sourcing pipelines and partnerships
- Maintain ATS system and employee/alumni databases
- Work with HR team on any learning and development initiatives
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- 2+ years of experience in the digital media space
- Preferred Editorial/Journalism/Communications background
- Bonus points for recruiting or operations experience (especially in the college space)
- Bonus points if you are as big of a fan of the Oxford comma as we are!
Bustle Digital Group is the premier digital destination for millennial women. Our collective properties reach over 80 million global readers monthly, and our social footprint is amongst the largest in digital media. BDG’s voice places an emphasis on: authenticity, inclusivity, positivity, and empowerment. We are headquartered in New York City and work with creators from across the nation who speak to the issues and stories that matter most to women. We own and operate Bustle.com, Romper.com, and EliteDaily.com.