Please note, we accept applications on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply at any time!
FindSpark is looking for someone smart, energetic, and resourceful to join our team to assist with marketing and sales initiatives that will grow the FindSpark community on both the candidate and employer side.
The role will be hugely rewarding and take place in a super supportive and fun environment, in addition to being fast-paced with high expectations.
First and foremost, you need to be a self-starter, proactive, a stellar writer, and fast learner.
Grammar Nerds, Wordsmiths, and Overachievers wanted. You'll take concepts and articulate them across Facebook, Twitter, blog posts, and you'll enjoy the challenge. You not only have new and interesting ideas, but the drive to execute them quickly, measure the results, and make recommendations for the next time around. You don’t give up easy and will be able to articulate why FindSpark is such an incredible community to various stakeholders, from employers to sponsors.
Passion for careers, community, and helping others is a huge plus. Member of the FindSpark community = mega bonus.
We're open to interns working virtually, especially if you are based in Chicago, Boston, Philly, Atlanta, or D.C.
As part of a small team you'll get your hands dirty and learn much more than you do at an average internship. Our goal is to help people, and you'll love every minute of it, from customer service emails to making intros between event attendees.
You will be mentored and taught everything we know, and you'll teach us things as well.
Sound like a good fit? Continue reading for the nitty gritty.
Desired qualifications and experiences (we love outside-of-the-box experience!):
- Amazing communicator and listener
- Works and learns quickly
- Outstanding time management / follow up skills
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent writing skills / copywriting chops
- Experience creating things from scratch...coming up with ideas, then executing
- Experience running a club in college, having a side hustle, shows "intra"preneurship, etc
- One year related internship / work experience (again, we're open to unconventional experience, too!)
- General knowledge of social media like Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Facebook, Hootsuite
- Create social media content (including blog and email content) to advertise events, Premium Membership program, and job board
- Assist with execution of marketing efforts aimed to bring in new community members (users) and sell tickets to events
- Develop attendee, employer, and sponsor prospect lists
- Produce sponsor, partner, and employer wrap reports
- Assist with reaching employer sales goals
- Brainstorm new and innovative sponsor activations
- Assist in the production of programs such as Hustle Summit
- Assist with general administrative tasks
Software / tools you'll likely use, so bonus if you know:
- Email newsletter tools like Mailchimp or ActiveCampaign
- Google Docs, Google Presentations/Powerpoint
- CRM (Zoho, Salesforce, Streak, Yesware, etc). We use Zoho CRM, so you’ll be expected to learn and use the tool as well,
- Photoshop + video editing tools, video or photography
- Google Analytics
- Budget for networking events and professional development
- Can provide college credit if needed
- Team lunches about once a week
- Space to work at Wix Lounge (if locally based)
- Unlimited networking opportunities
- Make a real impact on our community and members
- Mentorship and guidance from team members, advisory board members, and speaker alumni network
- Start and end date flexible based on school schedule. Because of the nature of working at a startup, we're looking for those who have flexibility in their schedules and hours (for instance, evening hours for events). We prefer hours spread out at least 3 days of the week.
- 15-20 hours a week with potential for more based on progress/availability, max of 40 hours a week
- $11 per hour
- Can provide own laptop/computer or use company Chromebook if local
- Sign up for our community at findspark.com
- a resume
- a short blurb on why you’re a good fit (in the body of email is fine), including your biggest professional accomplishment so far and how you found out about us
- Link to your FindSpark profile
- Link to your website, LinkedIn and any other places you live online
- Your start date
Those who don't submit all these things won't be considered.
Those who submit generic cover letters will definitely not be considered. We can tell. We do this for a living.
Due to the volume of applications, we can only respond to those we're interested in, but we're extremely grateful to everyone who applies.
Since forming in 2011, FindSpark has grown to over 25,000 members and has produced more than 250 career programs.