|Company Name||Shuman Associates, Inc.|
|Date Posted||March 2, 2013|
Shuman Associates, Inc. seeks an Office/Publicity Assistant to join our boutique public relations firm (total 4-5 people), specializing in classical music. Shuman Associates, Inc. represents a roster of distinguished individual artists, ensembles, orchestras, opera companies, and summer festivals.
This entry level position offers a unique opportunity for a self-motivated, creative person to learn about the classical music public relations field and become an integral part of Shuman Associates. We seek an individual who has the ability to multitask, is organized, flexible and capable of good judgment and careful consideration of their work. Limited manpower and a close working environment require a colleague who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves and take on a challenging pace. Tasks will be anything from highly motivating to more clerical office tasks. A positive attitude, ambition, creativity, and resourcefulness are necessary to succeed in this position.
Job includes but is not limited to:
• Managing all office duties including but not limited to; answering calls, taking messages, maintaining all office and kitchen supplies and equipment, and general IT support
• Managing large volume of office email; taking care of requests and forwarding pertinent emails to appropriate account manager
• Maintaining and updating company website; sending press releases through our email marketing program
• Maintaining and updating press lists
• Reviewing online news sources, newspapers, and magazines for articles, features and reviews pertaining to our clients; scanning and distributing pertinent clips
• Managing general office and publicity correspondence; sending press materials, photos and music
• Personal tasks as outlined by the President including travel arrangements, errands, and other tasks as needed
Skills required include:
• Prior office experience is essential
• Excellent computer & database skills (Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Access, Excel and use of scanner)
• Excellent written, verbal, and overall communication skills including superior phone etiquette
• Interest and/or knowledge of classical music
• Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once
• Ability to work well under pressure and on tight deadlines
• Ability to grasp new things quickly
• Professional, dependable and trustworthy
• Effective communicator and team player
• Outstanding personal qualities required to interact with our clients, media editors and journalists
• Availability to work nights and weekends as necessary
Salary commensurate with experience.
Send cover letter and resume by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shuman Associates balances the short and long-term publicity objectives of our clients in the development and execution of public relations programs, which range from specialized to wide-reaching. We take pride in the long-standing relationships we have established with our clients, and we are equally proud of our relationships with the New York, national and international performing arts media from print to broadcast.
Shuman Associates was founded by Constance Shuman in 1984 following her five-year tenure as director of public affairs for Carnegie Hall. She assumed that position following seven years as a vice president of another public relations firm specializing in classical music, musicians and opera companies. She has since been joined by Senior Publicist Lisa Jaehnig and Publicist Leah Rankin.