The Spark Foundry-Chicago Internship Experience immerses you in the fast-paced media industry. On a daily basis, interns will assist teammates with client and/or agency tasks gaining knowledge of basic media language and media math. They will become comfortable utilizing company systems such as Ad*Views, Media Tools, the Source, MRI Applications, TARDIIS, MBOX and more. Each intern will be assigned to one of the following areas based on interest, experience and capabilities:
- Media: Provide clients with complete communication strategy and activation across all major media.
- Multicultural Media: Provide clients with communications strategy and activation for today’s largest population groups in the US: Hispanic, African American and Asian.
- Content: develop, design and execute breakthrough content programs for our clients with some of the most recognizable publishers in the business. Interest in storytelling, creative thinking and strategy preferred.
- Data & Analytics: Design, development and on-going maintenance of all analysis and reporting for an assigned client across media types. Interest in working with data and comfort with math and basic statistical concepts required.
- Research: Interpret and uncover consumer insights via campaign accountability research and forward-looking proprietary studies. Interest in consumer understanding and strong analytical skills (math, logic, etc.) preferred.
- Human Experience Strategy: Expand utilization of digital, analytics and human experience creation capabilities. Integrates and activates communications planning across all channels.
- Search: Optimize and re-structure client search campaigns to improve performance and adhere to best practices.
- Operations: Manage critical operations and executional data across our clients to drive productivity.
- Human Resources: Manage company-wide internship program including event planning, onboarding, off-boarding and performance management. Serve as first point of contact for interns across all locations.
- Corporate Communications: Manage internal and external company branding, events and communications initiatives.
Who You Are
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or higher with a target graduation date of Spring 2018 for Winter Internships
- Proven strong interest in a career in advertising, technology, analytics, research or related
- Strong academic credentials (Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75)
- A citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Basic PC skills- familiarity with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage ambiguity
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Leadership, problem-solving and strong verbal and written communication skills
What It Is
The paid Winter Internship will begin on January 8th, 2018 and last 10 weeks. Interns will work 24 hours (3 days) each week. Applications will be accepted online only between September 29th and November 13th. Interviews will start in November and decisions will be made by early December. The winter internship pays $12 per hour.