Date: Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Where: The Center for Social Innovation, 601 West 26th Street
This winter break, you can spend a month on your parents’ couch watching Friends reruns, or you could jump-start that side project you’ve been dreaming of doing. Whether it’s a food blog, freelance photography, or an Etsy shop, our founder Emily Miethner will walk you through the key elements of a side hustle. Topics will include:
- The first things you need to do to get started
- An overview of free and inexpensive small business tools
- Different options for setting up a website
- How to gain support using social media
- The importance of attending events and networking
- Setting up your project for future success
- A high level overview of legal factors to consider
Class size is extremely limited to ensure that you’ll leave maximum insight and inspiration, so arrive prepared with questions.
To get the most out of this workshop, we suggest you attend with a laptop, power cord, and some idea of what your side project will be. The event will be most relevant to those looking to start a web-based venture, or a side hustle that will take heavy advantage of the web as a promotional and distribution tool.