FindSpark is run by an amazing group of people who want to make a difference in the creative community in New York City and beyond. We’re looking for passionate, driven, self-directed people who have time to dedicate to taking FindSpark to the next level and are interested in making an immediate impact in our community through their work and ideas.
As a volunteer, you have access to learn from an amazing network of experienced professionals, yet you also get to share insight and advice with the younger creative crowd, who are perhaps attending their first networking event or maybe don’t know much about the coveted “follow up approach.” I know the benefit of being apart of this amazing organization comes back tenfold.
– Megan Frantz, Volunteer Video Producer
Having volunteered at many conferences and events before, I am particularly impressed by FindSpark’ professionalism. The staff was amazingly friendly and approachable. Great conference from idea to execution!
– Dai X. Cao, Conference Volunteer
FindSpark is truly an amazing company and I am both thrilled and thankful to be a part of it. Each event is better than the last, and never fail to leave me feeling inspired and motivated. I strongly believe that the company’s success is attributed he members of our community. As a volunteer, you are exposed to the entire process of planning and executing the events, which is both insightful and meaningful. My experience as a volunteer has far exceeded my expectations, and I am excited to see what is yet to come.
– Alex Venzor, Blogger & Social Media Volunteer
Being a volunteer for the #FindPassion conference was one of the best experiences I’ve had. Everyone on the photo team, and the whole volunteer team in general, was great to work with. It was awesome being able to take photographs of the sessions because every single attendee was alert and interested in what the speakers had to say and I loved being able to document that. The whole day was incredibly inspiring.
– Stephanie Banares, Volunteer Photographer
Our Volunteer Program
- A love and passion for helping others
- A desire to become more deeply involved in the New York City creative community
- A willingness to use your skills and learn new ones
- Attendance of at least two FindSpark events prior to submitting your application
- Must be a champion for our community
- Attendance of at least one official FindSpark event a month (we have 2-3 a month)
- Contributing one article to our blog a month
- Attendance of at least one volunteer meeting a month. Attending both (there are two a month) is highly encouraged (and fun).
- Meetings take places on Mondays from 6:30pm-8:30pm at our office at Center for Social Innovation
Benefits & Perks
- Free admission to events you volunteer at, discounted admission to all other events
- Free Premium Membership
- Free +1 to regular events and discounts for friends to workshops and conferences
- Access to receive press passes to represent FindSpark at special events
- Access to team’s professional network when appropriate
- Volunteers only mailing list with first dibs and access to opportunities, content, and announcements
- One on one resume, cover letter, and social media presence feedback
- Leadership and professional development
- Membership in private Facebook Group
- Volunteer outings:
- Beach days!
- Long term volunteers receive free Premium Membership and access to events for life
Volunteer Program Time Line
We normally accept applications on rolling and new people into program on this schedule:
- September – December (deadline to apply Aug 1)
- January – April (deadline to apply Dec 1)
- May – August (deadline to apply March 1)
We’re not currently accepting volunteer applications, but will be soon!