This week: How do you get experience when you don’t have any?
How do you get experience before you have experience? Start a club, join a club, freelance, get a part-time job and read these articles for more ideas and advice.
- Starting Your Own Student Group – Via Intern Queen
- Check out a site for freelancing.
- Look for volunteer opportunities at Idealist.org
- Read the news, brush up on social media tips or hone your photoshop skills, any side project that can add to your knowledge base, making you seem more experienced.
- Call up your older cousin! Job shadowing can provide you with networking opportunities, information on what it is like to work in that industry and experience in the office.
Jaime Hoerbelt is a senior Marketing major and Fine Arts and French minor at Hofstra University. She is graduating in May and plans to pursue a career in marketing and/or social media marketing. She is currently working part-time at Generations Beyond. She writes her own blog at www.JaimeHoerbelt.com