This week: Internship Stats
If you want to impress people at parties, or maybe just your parents and relatives, memorize these stats about internships. Click the article links to learn more!
- 71% of organizations use career services at colleges to recruit interns.
- 3.1 average cutoff GPA (if GPA is used as a criteria)
- 65% of organizations offer employment to interns if employment is available
- $11.60per hour, average pay for an accounting intern
- $14.59per hour, average pay for an engineering intern
- $10.79per hour, average pay for a human resources intern
- $12.58per hour, average pay for an information technology intern
- $10.78 per hour, average pay for a marketing/communications intern
- $9.85 per hour, average pay for an operations intern
- $12.38 per hour, average pay for a research intern
- $9.00 per hour, average pay for a sales/customer service intern 2010 Internship Pay Rates and Practices Survey
- Medical, Technology, Advertising, Accounting and Business, industries that are most likely to have paid internships
- 9 percent of college graduates who had an internship before graduating in 1992
- 80 percent of college graduates who had an internship before graduating in 2008 Can You Afford to Be a Summer Intern?
- 14 percent of graduates who had a job offer upon graduating WITHOUT internship experience in 2009
- 23 percent of graduates who had a job offer upon graduating WITH internship experience in 2009
Jaime Hoerbelt is a senior Marketing major and Fine Arts and French minor at Hofstra University. She is graduating in May and plans to pursue a career in marketing and/or social media marketing. She is currently working part-time at Generations Beyond. She writes her own blog at www.JaimeHoerbelt.com