This week: Sticking to the Intern Budget
One of the worst things about being an intern is the pay (or not being paid.) Even if you are fortunate enough to get a paid internship, you will probably still need to stick to a strict budget. After adding up the travel expenses, pricey meals when you forget to bring lunch and new wardrobe items, you’ll probably find your bank account looking a little bare. Use these tips to maximize your budget and still have money for fun!
- Ways to Save – Via the Intern Queen
- Check out Time Out NY for free or cheap events in NYC
- Home sweet temporary home: How to find it on an intern’s budget – Via Wallet Pop
- Professional wardrobe on an intern budget – Via The Washington Post
- Don’t forget to check out examples right here on NY Creative Interns!
Jaime Hoerbelt is a senior Marketing major and Fine Arts and French minor at Hofstra University. She is graduating in May and plans to pursue a career in marketing and/or social media marketing. She is currently working part-time at Generations Beyond. She writes her own blog at www.JaimeHoerbelt.com